Wet Weather Tips
Updated: Sep 18, 2019
Don't let a little rain dampen your day! With all this wet weather hanging around the Gold Coast we thought we should give you all some advice on how to make the most out of what may seem like a dreary day..
1. Don't plan too far in advance! If the good old BOM is telling you it will rain on your big day... DO NOT STRESS. I can't tell you how many times it has been wrong. Make the decision either the day before or the day of the wedding depending on your venue requirements.
2. Umbrellas! They make amazing props in photos and just may be your saving grace on a wet day. Just make sure they are cute umbrellas and not your Dad's one from Bunnings please haha!
3. Plan for a location that has an undercover/wet weather option. You don't want to have to completely relocate on the day and try and communicate that to all your guests so make sure your location has a wet weather option such as a gazebo.
4. Lighting, lighting lighting! Overcast days are by far a photographers dream. It creates the perfect opportunity to get some beautifully lit images and not to mention puddles can allow for some creativity!
5. Just embrace it! At the end of the day it is completely out of your control so simply make the most out of it and have fun! Some of the most beautiful and romantic images come from rainy days so brave the wet and we promise you won't regret it.
Kara + Cody
Celebrant: Nancy Murphy - All Heart Ceremonies